– Nayib Bukele was re-elected as President of El Salvador on February 4, winning by a substantial margin. The leader, who has openly supported bitcoin and made it the country's first legal tender, garnered the support of the majority of the Salvadoran society, securing approximately 85% of the electorate's votes. "This is a record for democratic elections worldwide," Bukele stated.
Shortly before the election, it was announced that should Bukele win the presidency by a large margin, he would expand the use of bitcoin. Specifically, Bukele plans to issue passports to bitcoin entrepreneurs and launch Volcano bonds, which will fund the construction of Bitcoin City, a tax haven for crypto companies.
– Jim Rogers, an investor who co-founded the Quantum Fund with George Soros, believes that bitcoin does not pose a threat as a potential replacement for existing government currencies. According to him, despite bitcoin's growth and current perception, the primary role of the flagship cryptocurrency is to serve as a trading instrument. Rogers emphasized that governments are unlikely to recognize bitcoin as a currency, as they fear potential competition with existing monetary systems. However, the investor suggests that Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs) are likely to be adopted in several countries around the world.
– The former President of the United States, Donald Trump, also commented on the possibility of the country adopting a Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC). He stated that if he were to be re-elected, he would prevent the introduction of this type of currency in the United States. Trump emphasized that a CBDC infringes upon citizens' rights and freedoms, as it would allow government entities access to detailed information about people's financial activities. "I will never allow the creation of a central bank digital currency that would enable the theft of your money," Trump declared.
– The popular blogger PlanB has stated that following the upcoming bitcoin halving in April, bitcoin will become scarcer than gold and real estate, suggesting that the cryptocurrency could reach a price around $500,000. Based on his Stock-to-Flow model, the expert considered that the digital asset's market capitalization might not surpass that of gold: over $10 trillion. However, approaching this mark and a coin issuance of 20 million could lead to the stated price. PlanB did not specify a timeframe for reaching this price.
The analyst also named the minimum level below which, in his opinion, the primary cryptocurrency will not fall. The 200-week moving average (200WMA) of the BTC price has exceeded $31,000, and according to PlanB, historically, the price has never dropped below this metric.
– Scott Melker, a renowned trader, investor, writer, and host of "The Wolf Of All Streets" podcast, who also holds the title of Binance Influencer of the Year, has shared his perspective on the upcoming bitcoin halving. He believes this event could drive the price of bitcoin up to $240,000. "The bitcoin halving will occur when the number of mined blocks reaches 840,000 in April 2024, at which point the block reward will decrease from 6.25 to 3.125 BTC," Melker explained. "Essentially, this means that the issuance of new coins will be halved. It will become twice as difficult for miners to earn money from bitcoin mining." Following the previous halving, the BTC price soared from $20,000 to $69,000, marking a 250% increase. Therefore, if the situation repeats this time, the next peak after $69,000 could be $240,000. "I know it might seem like an exaggeration... This cycle has worked in the past. And until I see it fail [this time], I'm prepared to bet that bitcoin will exceed $200,000," Melker insists.
It's worth noting that Anthony Scaramucci, the founder of Skybridge Capital, also recently expressed optimism about bitcoin's future. He believes the halving will lift the BTC price to $170,000.
– CryptoQuant has announced that bitcoin miner reserves have dropped to their lowest level since July 2021. The wallets of mining pools are holding the lowest volume of cryptocurrency since the so-called Great Migration of miners from China to other countries in Eurasia and North America. Moreover, last week saw the largest outflow of BTC from miners' autonomous wallets to exchanges.
Analysts at Bitfinex are also observing an influx of bitcoins to exchange addresses associated with mining companies. They believe that a massive coin dump could occur in the coming days. Consequently, pressure will increase again, and the digital currency may fall below $40,000. The Bitfinex report notes that sales are increasing due to the approaching halving. They estimate that, following the miners, short-term investors may join the sell-off. They will start to dispose of the cryptocurrency for fear that its price will fall below the level at which they purchased the coins.
– Michael Van De Poppe, a renowned trader, investor, and founder of MN Trading, believes that the value of bitcoin could reach $500,000. He highlighted several factors that will cause an explosive growth in the flagship coin's rate. Among these factors are the current market state, the launch of BTC-ETFs, inflows from institutional investors, and others. An important factor will be the halving, after which a bullish growth of the cryptocurrency market is expected. The researcher emphasized that the current cycle might be slightly longer than before, due to the entry of institutional players into the market and a change in the overall direction of the industry's development. According to the analyst, liquidity influences, macroeconomic factors, and others could have a greater impact on the market.
Van De Poppe suggests a scenario where the value of bitcoin could rise to $48,000 before the halving, hitting a key resistance level. This would be followed by another correction, resulting in a 20% price drop. After the halving, the BTC value will start to rise again and reach a local peak by the fall.
– Grok, an artificial intelligence developed by Elon Musk's company xAI, has made two predictions: by the end of 2024, the Ethereum rate will range from $4,000 to $5,000; within the year, the value of ETH could peak at $6,500. Grok highly values the prospects of Ethereum due to the development of its ecosystem and the upcoming Dencun update, scheduled for February 8. This upgrade is expected to enhance the scalability of the ETH blockchain and significantly reduce transaction processing costs in second-layer networks through the implementation of proto-danksharding technology, which allows for increased blockchain throughput. The artificial intelligence also identifies spot Ethereum ETFs as catalysts for the coin's price growth, which could be approved by the end of May. Applications for the issuance of these derivatives have been submitted to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) by six major American companies: Volatility Shares, Bitwise, Grayscale, VanEck, Roundhill, and Proshares.
– Senator Elizabeth Warren asserts that her legislative proposal has already garnered the support of 19 members of the U.S. Senate. She hopes that "common sense will prevail," and her supporters, along with other congressmen, "will achieve effective measures to combat the criminal use of crypto assets."
Should the law come into effect, the anti-money laundering regulations from the traditional finance sector will fully apply to digital asset market players. According to the draft document, Know Your Customer (KYC) rules will affect providers of autonomous wallets, miners, validators, and other independent network participants. All financial institutions in the U.S. will be required to report on measures to prevent money laundering, tax evasion, and other criminal activities. "This bill will close the gaps in our anti-money laundering regulations," Warren stated, referencing a report by the analytics firm Chainalysis, which indicated that from 2022 to 2024, stablecoins accounted for more than 50% of transactions by cybercriminals.
– Cathy Wood, CEO of ARK Invest, asserts that investors have begun shifting from gold to bitcoin following the launch of spot bitcoin exchange-traded funds (ETFs). "Bitcoin is growing relative to gold. The substitution of gold with bitcoin is in full swing. And we believe this will continue now that a less complex access to bitcoin has emerged," she stated.
Cathy Wood anticipates that bitcoin will emerge as a "risk-free asset" when the banking sector shows signs of weakness again. The market witnessed this firsthand in March 2023, during the "regional banking crisis" in the United States, which resulted in a 40% surge in the price of digital gold. (Recent analysis by Fidelity indicates that bitcoin's inverse correlation with banking interest rates disappeared in 2023, despite rising rates worldwide).
Notice: These materials should not be deemed a recommendation for investment or guidance for working on financial markets: they are for informative purposes only. Trading on financial markets is risky and can lead to a loss of money deposited.
#eurusd #gbpusd #usdjpy #btcusd #ethusd #ltcusd #xrpusd #forex #forex_example #signals #cryptocurrencies #bitcoin #stock_market